Baked Flounder with Panko and Parmesan is a delicious and healthy meal option that offers a range of benefits, including:
- High Protein: Flounder is an excellent source of protein, which helps build and repair tissues in the body.
- Low Fat: Flounder is low in fat, making it a great option for those looking to manage their weight or reduce their saturated fat intake.
- Omega-3 Fatty Acids: Flounder is a good source of omega-3 fatty acids, which have been linked to numerous health benefits, including reducing inflammation, improving heart health, and supporting brain function.
- Vitamins and Minerals: Flounder is also a good source of several essential vitamins and minerals, including vitamin B12, vitamin D, selenium, and phosphorus.
- Nutritious Crust: The panko and parmesan crust adds texture and flavor to the dish while also providing additional nutrients. Panko breadcrumbs are made from white bread, which is a good source of carbohydrates, while parmesan cheese provides calcium and protein.
Overall, Baked Flounder with Panko and Parmesan is a nutritious and delicious meal that can provide a range of health benefits.
What you Want, Find Here ↓
Baked Flounder with Panko and Parmesan
- baking dish Choose a baking dish that is large enough to hold the flounder fillets in a single layer without overcrowding.
- Mixing bowls You will need two mixing bowls—one for the egg wash and one for the panko-Parmesan mixture.
- Whisk Use a whisk to beat the eggs together for the egg wash.
- Measuring cups and spoons Measure out the ingredients for the panko-Parmesan mixture using measuring cups and spoons.
- Cutting board Use a cutting board to prepare the flounder fillets.
- Chef's knife Use a sharp chef's knife to trim the flounder fillets and cut them into serving-sized pieces if necessary.
- Aluminum foil Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil to prevent the fish from drying out while it bakes.
- Cooking spray Spray the baking dish with cooking spray before adding the flounder fillets to prevent sticking.
- 4 (4 ounce) flounder fillets
- 4 tbsp butter, melted, divided
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- ⅔ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch dried thyme
- ground black pepper to taste
- Step 1Preheat the stove to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Softly oil an enormous, shallow baking dish.
- Step 2Lay fumble filets in the pre-arranged baking dish and brush with 1 tablespoon spread.
- Step 3Consolidate staying 3 tablespoons spread with bread scraps, Parmesan cheddar, salt, thyme, and pepper in a bowl; sprinkle over flop and search delicately.
- Step 4Bake in the preheated oven until fish flakes easily with a fork, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Step 5Carefully transfer fillets to a plate with a thin spatula.