Haddock is a type of white fish that is commonly found in North Atlantic waters, and it can be baked in a variety of ways to create a delicious and nutritious meal. Here are some potential benefits of eating baked haddock:
- Rich in protein: Haddock is a good source of high-quality protein, which is essential for building and repairing tissues in the body.
- Low in calories: Baked haddock is a low-calorie food choice, making it a great option for those trying to maintain or lose weight.
- High in omega-3 fatty acids: Haddock contains omega-3 fatty acids, which have been shown to have numerous health benefits, such as reducing inflammation, improving heart health, and promoting brain function.
- Good source of vitamins and minerals: Baked haddock is a good source of several important vitamins and minerals including vitamin D, vitamin B12, potassium, and selenium.
- Versatile: Baked haddock can be seasoned in a variety of ways to suit different tastes and preferences, making it a versatile ingredient in many recipes.
Overall, baked haddock can be a healthy and delicious addition to a balanced diet.
- baking dish You will need a baking dish that is large enough to hold your haddock fillets without overcrowding them.
- Mixing bowl To prepare the breadcrumb topping for your haddock, you will need a mixing bowl.
- Measuring cups and spoons Accurately measuring your ingredients is key to making a delicious baked haddock.
- Cutting board and knife You will need to cut the haddock fillets into portion sizes before baking them.
- Spatula or tongs A spatula or tongs will be useful for transferring the haddock fillets from the baking dish to serving plates.
- Oven Of course, you will need an oven to bake the haddock!
- Optional If you want to add some additional flavor to your baked haddock, you might consider using lemon, herbs, or spices. In this case, you may need a lemon squeezer, herb chopper, or spice grinder, depending on the specific ingredients you choose to use.
- ¾ cup milk
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ¾ cup bread crumbs
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ teaspoon ground dried thyme
- 4 haddock fillets
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- Step 1Preheat oven to 500 degrees F (260 degrees C).
- Step 2In a little bowl, consolidate the milk and salt. In a different bowl, combine as one the bread pieces, Parmesan cheddar, and thyme.
- Step 3Dunk the haddock filets in the milk, then press into the piece blend to cover. Place haddock filets in a glass baking dish, and shower with liquefied spread.
- Step 4Prepare on the top rack of the preheated broiler until the fish drops effectively, around 15 minutes.