Blackened chicken is a flavorful and healthy meal option that offers several benefits. Here are some of the potential benefits of consuming blackened chicken:
- High in protein: Chicken is an excellent source of lean protein, which helps to build and repair muscles, tissues, and organs.
- Low in fat: Blackened chicken is typically grilled or seared with minimal oil, making it a healthy low-fat protein option.
- Rich in vitamins and minerals: Chicken is a good source of essential vitamins and minerals, such as vitamin B6, niacin, phosphorus, and selenium.
- May aid weight loss: With its high protein content, blackened chicken can help keep you feeling full for longer periods, which may aid in weight loss efforts.
- Versatile: Blackened chicken can be paired with a variety of healthy sides, such as vegetables, whole grains, and salads, making it a versatile and nutritious meal option.
It is important to note that the health benefits of blackened chicken will depend on the preparation method and ingredients used. For example, if the chicken is coated in a high-calorie sauce or served with unhealthy sides, it may not be as beneficial for your health.
- Cast-iron skillet or heavy-bottomed pan
- Tongs or a spatula for flipping the chicken
- Measuring spoons and cups
- Cutting board and knife for preparing the chicken
- Mixing bowl for seasoning the chicken
- Cooking oil or cooking spray for the skillet
- Kitchen thermometer to check the temperature of the chicken
- Cajun seasoning or blackening spice mix
- Aluminum foil to cover the chicken while it rests after cooking
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- ⅛ teaspoon onion powder
- ⅛ teaspoon ground white pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 2 skinless boneless chicken breast halves
- cooking spray
- Step 1Preheat the broiler to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Shower a baking sheet with cooking splash.
- Step 2Heat a cast-iron skillet over high heat until it is smoking hot, about 5 minutes.
- Step 3While the skillet is warming, combine as one paprika, cayenne, cumin, thyme, onion powder, white pepper, and salt in a little bowl. Splash chicken bosoms on the two sides with cooking shower, then cover equitably with flavor combination.
- Step 4Place chicken in the hot container and cook for 1 moment. Turn, and cook 1 moment on opposite side. Move chicken to the pre-arranged baking sheet.
- Step 5Bake in the preheated oven until chicken is no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, about 5 minutes.