Scallops are a type of shellfish that are low in fat and high in protein, making them a nutritious addition to any diet. When combined with garlic and lemon, as in the recipe for Easy Garlic-Lemon Scallops, they offer additional health benefits.
Garlic is well-known for its immune-boosting properties, as it contains compounds such as allicin which have antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory effects. It may also help to lower blood pressure and cholesterol levels.
Lemon juice is high in vitamin C, which is essential for immune function, wound healing, and collagen production. It also contains antioxidants that can protect cells from damage caused by free radicals.
Consuming scallops provides the body with important minerals such as magnesium, potassium, and selenium, which are all involved in various aspects of health. Selenium, for example, is a powerful antioxidant that helps to protect against oxidative stress and inflammation.
Overall, the combination of garlic, lemon, and scallops in this recipe provides a delicious and nutritious meal that can support overall health and well-being.
Easy Garlic-Lemon Scallops
- Large skillet or frying pan
- Tongs or spatula for flipping the scallops
- Cutting board and sharp knife for slicing garlic and lemon
- Measuring spoons and cups to measure ingredients
- Mixing bowl to combine garlic, lemon juice, and butter
- ¾ cup butter
- 3 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 pounds large sea scallops
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp salt
- ⅛ tbsp pepper
- Step 1Dissolve spread in a huge skillet over medium intensity. Mix in garlic and cook for a couple of moments until fragrant.
- Step 2Orchestrate scallops in a solitary layer in the skillet; cook until brilliant brown on one side, around 2 minutes. Turn scallops over utilizing utensils and keep cooking until firm and hazy, around 2 minutes more. Move scallops to a platter, holding spread in the skillet.
- Step 3Whisk lemon squeeze, salt, and pepper into margarine; pour sauce over scallops to serve.