Linguine with clam sauce is a delicious and satisfying dish that offers several potential benefits. Here are a few:
- Rich in Protein: Clams are a good source of protein, and adding them to the linguine boosts the overall protein content of the dish.
- Low in Fat: Linguine with clam sauce can be a relatively low-fat meal, especially if you use olive oil instead of butter and go light on the cheese.
- Contains Omega-3 Fatty Acids: Clams are also a good source of omega-3 fatty acids, which are important for heart and brain health.
- Good Source of Iron: Clams are high in iron, which is important for healthy blood and energy levels.
- Provides Essential Vitamins and Minerals: Linguine with clam sauce can be a good source of essential vitamins and minerals such as vitamin B12, selenium, and zinc.
Overall, linguine with clam sauce can be a nutritious and satisfying meal that provides a range of potential health benefits.
Linguine with Clam Sauce
- Large pot You will need a large pot to cook the linguine and sauce.
- Colander A colander will be useful for draining the cooked pasta.
- Dutch oven or large skillet You will need a Dutch oven or large skillet to prepare the clam sauce.
- Wooden Spoon A wooden spoon is ideal for stirring the sauce as it cooks.
- Garlic press A garlic press can be used to easily crush garlic cloves, which are a key ingredient in the sauce.
- Tongs Tongs can be handy for removing clams from their shells.
- Serving dish A large serving dish will be needed to combine the cooked linguine with the clam sauce.
- 1 (16 ounce) package linguini pasta
- 2 (6.5 ounce) cans minced clams, with juice
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- ¼ tbsp dried basil
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- ground black pepper to taste
- Step 1Heat an enormous pot of delicately salted water to the point of boiling. Cook linguine at a bubble until delicate yet firm to the nibble, around 11 minutes. Channel.
- Step 2While the pasta is cooking, consolidate mollusks with juice, oil, spread, parsley, basil, garlic, and pepper in a huge pan. Cook over medium intensity until bubbling.
- Step 3Serve warm clam sauce over pasta.