Old Bay-seasoned steamed shrimp can provide several health benefits, including:
- High in protein: Shrimp is an excellent source of protein, with a 3-ounce serving providing around 18 grams of protein.
- Low in calories: Steamed shrimp is a low-calorie food, with a 3-ounce serving containing only around 85 calories.
- Rich in omega-3 fatty acids: Shrimp is a good source of omega-3 fatty acids, which are important for heart health and brain function.
- High in antioxidants: Shrimp is rich in the antioxidant astaxanthin, which has been linked to improved skin health and reduced inflammation.
- Contains essential minerals: Shrimp is a good source of several essential minerals, including selenium, zinc, and copper.
However, it’s worth noting that steaming shrimp with Old Bay seasoning may also add some sodium to your diet, so it’s important to enjoy it in moderation as part of a balanced diet.
What you Want, Find Here ↓
Old Bay-Seasoned Steamed Shrimp
- To make Old Bay-seasoned steamed shrimp, you will need the following equipment:
- Steaming pot or steamer basket: This is where you will steam the shrimp. A large pot with a steamer basket works well.
- Old Bay seasoning: This is the key ingredient for giving the shrimp its unique flavor.
- Shrimp: You'll need fresh or frozen raw shrimp with the shells on.
- Water: You'll need enough water to fill the bottom of the pot so that it doesn't boil dry during the steaming process.
- Tongs: These are useful for removing the shrimp from the pot once they're cooked.
- Timer: You'll need a timer to keep track of the cooking time.
- Optional: lemon wedges and cocktail sauce for serving.
- With these equipment and ingredients, you can easily make delicious Old Bay-seasoned steamed shrimp.
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup white vinegar
- 2 tbsp seafood seasoning (such as Old Bay®)
- 1 pound fresh large shrimp, deveined with shells on
- Step 1Bring water, vinegar, and fish preparing to a bubble in a pan over high intensity. Add shrimp and mix.
- Step 2Lessen intensity to medium, cover, and steam, blending a few times, until dazzling orange in variety, 3 to 5 minutes. Channel.