There are several benefits to consuming pesto pasta with chicken:
- Protein: Chicken is a great source of lean protein, which is essential for building and repairing muscles.
- Carbohydrates: Pasta is a good source of carbohydrates, which provide energy to the body.
- Healthy fats: Pesto sauce is made with olive oil, which is a healthy fat that can help reduce inflammation and improve heart health.
- Vitamins and minerals: Pesto sauce contains basil, which is rich in vitamins A and K, as well as iron, calcium, and potassium.
- Antioxidants: Garlic is also an ingredient in many pesto recipes, and it is loaded with antioxidants that can help protect against disease.
Overall, pesto pasta with chicken can be a nutritious and satisfying meal option when consumed in moderation as part of a balanced diet.
Pesto Pasta with Chicken
- Large pot for boiling pasta
- Strainer or colander for draining pasta
- Cutting board and knife for chopping chicken and vegetables
- Skillet or pan for cooking chicken
- Blender or food processor for making the pesto sauce
- Spatula or wooden spoon for stirring ingredients in the pan
- Serving bowls and utensils for serving the dish
- 1 (16 ounce) package bow tie pasta
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 skinless boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes, or to taste
- ½ cup pesto sauce
- ⅓ cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained and cut into strips
- Step 1Heat a huge pot of gently salted water to the point of boiling. Add pasta and cook until still somewhat firm, 8 to 10 minutes; channel.
- Step 2Heat oil in an enormous skillet over medium intensity. Sauté garlic until delicate, then mix in chicken and season with red pepper chips. Cook until chicken is brilliant and cooked through.
- Step 3Consolidate pasta, chicken, pesto, and sun-dried tomatoes in a huge bowl; throw to uniformly cover.