BBQ ribs can be a delicious and satisfying meal, but they also offer some potential benefits.
- Protein: Ribs are a good source of protein, which is essential for building and repairing tissues in the body.
- Iron: Ribs contain iron, which is important for the production of red blood cells and the prevention of anemia.
- Vitamin B12: Ribs are a source of vitamin B12, which plays a role in nerve function and the formation of red blood cells.
- Zinc: Ribs contain zinc, which is important for immune function and wound healing.
- Energy: Ribs are a calorie-dense food, providing energy to fuel daily activities.
It’s important to note that while BBQ ribs can provide some nutritional benefits, they should be consumed in moderation as they are also high in fat and calories.
Simple BBQ Ribs
- To make BBQ ribs, there are a few essential pieces of equipment you will need:
- Grill or smoker: You'll need a grill or smoker to cook the ribs over indirect heat. You can use either charcoal or gas grills, or a dedicated smoker.
- Charcoal or wood chips: If using a charcoal grill or smoker, you'll need charcoal and wood chips for flavor. Hickory, mesquite, and applewood are popular choices for smoking ribs.
- Rib rack: A rib rack holds the ribs upright, allowing them to cook evenly on all sides. It's especially useful if you're cooking a large batch of ribs.
- Meat thermometer To ensure that your ribs are fully cooked but not overdone, you'll need a meat thermometer. Insert it into the thickest part of the meat, away from the bone, to check the internal temperature.
- Basting Brush A basting brush is used to apply BBQ sauce or marinade to the ribs as they cook. It helps keep the meat moist and infuses it with flavor.
- Aluminum foil Use aluminum foil to wrap the ribs during the cooking process. This helps lock in the moisture and creates a "steam effect" that makes the meat tender.
- Tongs To flip and move the ribs on the grill or smoker, you'll need a good pair of tongs.
- By having these essential pieces of equipment, you should be well-prepared to make delicious BBQ ribs at home.
- 2 ½ pounds country-style pork ribs
- 2 tbsp kosher salt
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup barbeque sauce
- Step 1Gather all ingredients.
- Step 2Place ribs in an enormous pot and cover with water. Mix in genuine salt, garlic powder, and pepper, and heat water to the point of boiling over medium intensity. Keep on bubbling until ribs are delicate, 40 to 45 minutes.
- Step 3While the ribs are boiling, preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Step 4Eliminate ribs from the pot, and spot them in a 9x13-inch baking dish. Pour grill sauce over ribs. Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil.
- Step 5Heat in the preheated stove until the inward temperature of the pork has arrived at 160 degrees F (70 degrees C), 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
- Step 6Serve hot and enjoy!