Garlic shrimp is a tasty and popular seafood dish that provides several health benefits. Here are some of the benefits:
- High in protein: Shrimp is an excellent source of lean protein, which is important for building and repairing muscles, maintaining healthy skin, and supporting the immune system.
- Low in calories: Garlic shrimp is a low-calorie dish that can help with weight management when consumed as part of a balanced diet.
- Rich in Omega-3 fatty acids: Shrimp is a good source of omega-3 fatty acids, which have anti-inflammatory properties and may help reduce the risk of heart disease.
- Contains antioxidants: Garlic is rich in antioxidants that help protect the body from damage caused by free radicals.
- Boosts brain function: Omega-3 fatty acids found in shrimp have been shown to support brain health and improve cognitive function.
- Promotes bone health: Shrimp is high in calcium, phosphorus, and vitamin D, all of which are essential nutrients for bone health.
- Improves gut health: Garlic is known to have prebiotic properties, which means it promotes the growth of beneficial bacteria in the gut, improving overall digestive health.
Overall, garlic shrimp is not only delicious but also provides several health benefits.
Simple Garlic Shrimp
- To make Simple Garlic Shrimp, you will need the following equipment:
- A large skillet or frying pan
- A wooden spoon or spatula for stirring
- A sharp knife for chopping garlic and parsley
- Measuring spoons for measuring spices and herbs
- A cutting board for preparing ingredients
- A bowl for mixing ingredients
- Serving dish to serve your delicious shrimp
- Optional:8. Lemon squeezer to add lemon juice to the shrimp
- Make sure to have all the ingredients and equipment ready before starting to cook. Happy cooking!
- 1 ½ tbsp olive oil
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- salt to taste
- 6 cloves garlic, finely minced
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp caper brine
- 2 tbsp cold butter, cut into 4 equal pieces, divided
- ⅓ cup chopped flat-leaf parsley, divided
- 1 teaspoon water, or as needed
- Step 1Heat olive oil in a weighty skillet over high intensity until it simply starts to smoke. Put shrimp in an even layer on the lower part of the skillet and cook for 1 moment without mixing.
- Step 2Season shrimp with salt; cook and mix until shrimp start to become pink, around 1 moment.
- Step 3Add garlic and red pepper flakes; cook and stir for 1 minute.
- Step 4Mix in lemon juice, trick salt water, 1 piece of spread, and 1/2 of the parsley; cook until margarine has liquefied, around 1 moment.
- Step 5Decrease intensity to low and mix in leftover 3 pieces spread. Cook and mix until spread has dissolved, sauce is thick, and shrimp are pink and dark, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Step 6Eliminate shrimp with an opened spoon and move to a bowl; keep on cooking spread sauce, adding water, 1 teaspoon at a time, if too thick, around 2 minutes. Season with salt to taste; serve shrimp finished off with the container sauce and remaining parsley.