Panko is a type of Japanese breadcrumb that is often used to coat chicken before frying. When chicken breasts are coated in panko and then fried, they become crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside. Here are some potential benefits of enjoying crispy panko chicken breasts:
- High in protein: Chicken is a great source of protein, and when it’s coated in panko breadcrumbs, it becomes even more filling.
- Low-carb option: Panko breadcrumbs are made from white bread, which means they don’t contain as much fiber as whole wheat bread. However, they are still lower in carbs than traditional breadcrumbs, making them a good option for those following a low-carb diet.
- Versatile and customizable: Panko breadcrumbs can be seasoned with a variety of herbs and spices, allowing you to customize the flavor of your chicken to your liking.
- Easy to prepare: Coating chicken breasts in panko breadcrumbs is a simple process that doesn’t require a lot of prep work.
- Delicious taste and texture: The crispy texture of panko-coated chicken breasts is highly satisfying, and the mild flavor of the breadcrumbs allows the flavor of the chicken to shine through.
What you Want, Find Here ↓
Crispy Panko Chicken Breasts
- Baking sheet You will need a baking sheet to cook the chicken breasts in the oven.
- Parchment paper Lining the baking sheet with parchment paper will help prevent the chicken from sticking and make cleanup easier.
- Meat mallet A meat mallet or rolling pin can be used to pound the chicken breasts to an even thickness before breading and cooking.
- Three shallow dishes One dish for flour, one dish for beaten eggs, and one dish for panko breadcrumbs. These dishes will be used to coat the chicken breasts before cooking.
- Tongs Tongs are helpful for handling the chicken breasts during the cooking process without damaging the crispy coating.
- Meat thermometer To ensure that the chicken is cooked through, it's important to use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature. The chicken should reach an internal temperature of 165°F (74°C).
- Oven This recipe requires an oven to bake the chicken breasts until they are golden brown and cooked through.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup panko crumbs
- ½ teaspoon Spice Islands® Garlic Powder
- ½ teaspoon Spice Islands® Onion Powder
- ½ teaspoon pice Islands® Fine Grind Sea Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Spice Islands® Fine Grind Black Pepper
- ¼ cup Mazola® Corn Oil
- Step 1Pound chicken bosoms, each in turn, in a resealable plastic pack until around 1/2-inch thick.
- Step 2Daintily beat egg in a shallow bowl. Consolidate panko morsels, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper in a different shallow bowl.
- Step 3Dunk chicken bosoms in egg until covered, then plunge in panko combination, squeezing chicken into the pieces until completely covered. Organize in a solitary layer on a plate.
- Step 4Heat oil in an enormous skillet over medium-high intensity. Add chicken and cook until brilliant brown and cooked through, around 2 to 3 minutes for every side.