Slow cooker pork and sauerkraut is a delicious and nutritious dish that offers several benefits. Here are some of them:
- High in Protein: Pork is a rich source of protein, which is essential for the growth and repair of muscles, bones, and tissues.
- Rich in Vitamins and Minerals: Pork also contains essential vitamins and minerals, including vitamin B12, iron, zinc, and selenium, which play a crucial role in maintaining good health.
- Supports Digestive Health: Sauerkraut is made by fermenting cabbage with lactic acid bacteria, which promotes the growth of beneficial gut bacteria. This can help improve digestion, boost immunity, and reduce inflammation.
- Lowers Blood Pressure: Sauerkraut is also a good source of potassium, which helps regulate blood pressure and support heart health.
- Easy to Prepare: Slow cooker pork and sauerkraut is an easy-to-prepare meal that requires minimal effort and can be prepared in advance, making it a convenient option for busy weeknights.
Overall, slow cooker pork and sauerkraut is a tasty and healthy dish that offers several benefits for your body and is a great addition to any diet.
What you Want, Find Here ↓
Slow Cooker Pork and Sauerkraut
- To make slow cooker pork and sauerkraut, you will need the following equipment:
- Slow cooker A slow cooker is essential for this recipe as it allows the pork and sauerkraut to cook slowly over a long period of time, resulting in tender and flavorful meat.
- Cutting board You will need a cutting board to chop the onions and garlic, as well as to prep the pork if needed.
- Chef's knife A sharp chef's knife is necessary to cut the onions and garlic, as well as to trim any excess fat from the pork.
- Measuring cups and spoons You will need measuring cups and spoons to measure out the ingredients accurately.
- Tongs Tongs are useful for handling the pork while searing it, as well as to turn it over in the slow cooker.
- Wooden Spoon A wooden spoon is necessary for stirring the sauerkraut and onion mixture.
- Serving dish You will need a serving dish to transfer the pork and sauerkraut to once it is finished cooking.
- Optional Searing Pan or Skillet - If you prefer to sear the pork before adding it to the slow cooker, you will need a searing pan or skillet to do so.
- With these basic kitchen tools, you should be able to successfully prepare slow cooker pork and sauerkraut.
- 1 (1 pound) whole pork tenderloin
- 1 (24 ounce) bag baby potatoes, unpeeled (Optional)
- 1 (20 ounce) can sauerkraut, undrained
- 1 cup water, or more as needed
- ¼1 cup butter, cubed
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Step 1Gather all ingredients.
- Step 2Place entire pork tenderloin into a sluggish cooker. Organize potatoes around pork; pour sauerkraut and juice over pork and potatoes. Add 1 cup water, margarine blocks, salt, and dark pepper.
- Step 3Cook on Low until pork is delicate, 8 to 10 hours. Add more water following 8 hours assuming blend appears to be dry.